Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Online electronic stores

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashford

hey,
I know it may seem a bit weird but I'm a bit lost when it comes to online stores. I'm thinking about order products from mouser and/or digikey, but the total cost, to me, is a bit ambiguous, since I can't seem to get a correct shipping price. Mouser regardless of how many items are in the cart keeps saying that the shipping cost is USD $60.00 but is this price actually right, and I'm also not quite sure how digikey shipping price arrangement works so if anyone could shed some light on the situation I would greatly appreciate it. I'm really new to these sort of thing so please help.

ok, so if someone were to mail it to me in an envelop would it still cost a lot, because its just an IC (ft232r to be exact)

Have you considered eBay ? Having just looked, you can get a ft232r from either China or Hong Kong for £2.26 + £3.16 postage.

Hi Ashford,

What does it cost to mail from USA to Brazil (and Saint Vincent) for a normal first class letter in a regular envelope?

There is yet another problem i ran into a while back when mailing to Australia. What happened is the guy wanted to pay in Australian dollars and it was only about 10 dollars total, but for me to cash it (yes, just to cash it into USA dollars) would have costed me 50 dollars! I mailed it anyway and told him it was a freebee :)

Can you pay in US dollars or no? If so i'd offer to send it to you after ordering it if it is only one part and shiipping isnt too great. I wouldnt be able to accept any other currency im afraid because the cost to convert to US dollars is far too great.

I just looked up some prices and if i read the charts right, shipping for first class mail is around 2 dollars US to Brazil (and S.V.), although for Priority mail it is around 24 dollars up to 1 pound! Wow. First class mail isnt too bad i guess, but did you ever have a time when you did not get a letter sent to you from the USA, or will this be the first time? Part of the mailing process im afraid is making sure it gets there and first class isnt perfect, although not too bad depending on your world location.

Last edited:
There is yet another problem i ran into a while back when mailing to Australia. What happened is the guy wanted to pay in Australian dollars and it was only about 10 dollars total, but for me to cash it (yes, just to cash it into USA dollars) would have costed me 50 dollars! I mailed it anyway and told him it was a freebee :)

Many years ago (when I first started with PIC's) I ordered some PCB's. from Dontronics - this was way back when, before Paypal or anything, and before Don took credit cards.

Like you I looked into the various different ways, and ALL cost many times more than the amount I was spending.

In the end I went to the bank and purchased some Australian bank notes, put them in an AirMail envelope, and posted him the cash! :D

It could have gone missing, but it wasn't much cash, and spending $50 to send $10 is crazy.

I had a similar problem more recently with Abacom in Germany, they didn't take Credit Cards or PayPal at the time either. I ordered the item on line, and they just sent it me - along with a bill for the cost.

Despite the fact we're both in the EU the UK didn't accept the Euro and still uses Pounds - so I couldn't just send them a cheque without massive bank charges to both sides. I discussed this with my bank at length, but then happily remembered my boss has a Spanish bank account (who use Euros), so I gave him pounds, and he gave me a cheque in Euros :D

This is the 21st Century - what's wrong with the banks?.

Does anyone know where I can get a hold of some LEMO connectors? I am looking for EGG.3B.302.CLL any help would be appreciated.

I live in Canada.
I was ordering from Futurlec some components. Futurlec is in Taiwan and I get my components usually in 1-2 weeks. Shipping is not expensive -less than $10 for most of orders - however for orders which weigh more than 2 Kilograms shipping is incredible expensive.
Very often I order components from Digikey. DIGIKEY charges $8 for shipping (next day) and shipping is free for orders more than $200. Mouser also have free shipping for orders more than $200 but it charges $20 for shipping for orders less than $200.
**broken link removed** **broken link removed** watch television on PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back