Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

One of the Chinese sets that landed up on my bench to repair today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread was going slightly off topic as it was about TV stuff and all ;)

So I think I will bring it back on track...

If you are busy preparing food, or have just eaten, or are thinking of eating... better not to view the photo's posted far below. Especially if you have just eaten in someone else's house.....mind you, even visiting...

Here are the pics at last

LOL Once I found an old reciever on the side of the road, took it home, plugged it in and ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! Opened it up to find fried roaches.:DYUM:p

When did the UK change to 13A?, must be 50 years ago or so?.
My parents house, which was newly built around 1951/2 had the 15amp round plugs.
The housing estate 100 yards away which was built a couple of years later had the 13amp plugs as used today.

JimB

My parents house, which was newly built around 1951/2 had the 15amp round plugs.
The housing estate 100 yards away which was built a couple of years later had the 13amp plugs as used today.

JimB

A local council estate used to use 13A round pin plugs, where one of the pins was actually a screw-in fuse.

Last edited:
A local council estate used to use 13A round pin plugs, where one of the pins was actually a screw-in fuse.

Ah, those things, D&S plugs, truely a device of the devil!

During the 1970s I worked at the Vickers shipyard in Barrow in Furness, the D&S plug was the standard for 240v there.

Those plugs were awfull.
They had a high insertion and pull-out force, most of them did not have a positive cable grip, just a rubber grommet.
I have seen some seriously large cables shoe-horned into a D&S plug!
Health and Safety? What is that?

They were however very durable and very difficult to break.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back