OMG! I am so excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghost309

I am totally sorry if this isn't allowed here, but I just built a circut with my Stamp and PIR and made an alarm! Not just any alarm though...oh no.... but an alarm that sends a text to my phone to tell me someone has gotten in!!!
Anyways, just had to get that out.

P.S. I am SO SO sorry if this isn't allowed here!

Ok. You already know I'm using a BASIC Stamp 2 by parallax blueroomelectronics. Anyways, for everyone else out there, that's what I am using. I am also using a radioshack 6-12VDC Alarm Buzzer. The main component of the whole setup is a Parallax PIR for the motion sensor. I wrote a custom code for the Stamp. Just tell me if you want to see it.One more thing, an old computer mouse until I get my new microcontroller, and a servo. I started my stripping the mouse down, until nothing but the main components were left. Then I stripped the actual button of its casing so it was just a little copper plate. After that, I mounted the servo to the mouse with a cross connector on the servo, so when the servo was activated, it would push the button. Then I wireed everything up to the board, plugged the secondary mouse into the computer, uploaded the code, and was ready to go! I am using Yahoo as my mail default seeming they let you send texts. I entered in a message I wanted to see when an intruder enters, and tested it. It worked! Anyways, thats it. For now. I will make it wireless when I get my new microcontroller in a few days. And it will be without another computer or mouse, so that will be a plus. I am making a diagram of the circut, so i will post it soon, so you peoples can understand it a little better. Thanks for reading!

Eeeeeeeeeek

Its a childish way.Learn how to communicate with COMORT.And when a signal received from the PIR ,send a data packet to a terminal software (Build around VB or any other).If the same packet received by the software activate the schedule task & do what you want to do.

Congrats on the accomplishment. Gayan has some good ideas for improving the design, just ignore that first sentence, it does no one any good. Also, i don't know what a COMORT is, I think he means COM port.

The feeling of completion and creation is the very reason I enjoy electronics. Embrace it, improve it, tinker more, and great job on your accomplishment

Ghost,

Good job. Sure the thing could be improved but you had a problem to solve, came up with a way to solve it, and solved it. Good work.

Torben

[Edit: And yeah, it's a total rush when a project works for the first time.]

Congrats!

That's a great project.

I also started learning MCU programming with the Basic Stamp, and recently switched over to Parallex's SX and Propeller chips (Mostly due to the cost of the B.Stamp). I still have much to learn, but MCUs are a lot of fun.

I'm interested in seeing the code too.

If you haven't already done so, check out Parallex's web site; there's a ton of info and they have a great forum for their products. Feel free to send me a PM if you need a link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…