Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Old HP laptop need power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bassbaby

Hi I am new to this group. I have found an old HP G61 laptop in a skip it looks in OK condition but I need to power it up. Could I use the wires to battery method from a different make laptop charger or would that be as idiotic as I think it might be? I like tinkering about with stuff keeps my mind busy, thanks in advance Joanne

If different charger has same rated voltage, why not...

I would suggest verifying input voltage and polarity of laptop and rigging up the proper adapter from your non original charger and not trying to power directly to battery as there is likely some type of charge control built in.
If the battery is missing or unusable then you don't have much to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back