Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Okay, got a bit of a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nostrafus

Uhhh... yeah, I've got a broken circuit that I stripped of one of my many electronic gizmos, and I wanted to build a new one, only a bit more compact, and I'm having a problem with one of the parts... it's a transistor, but it doesn't follow standard marking procedure (Man, why does this happen at least once in everything I scrap)

And I haven't been able to find anything on the maker, the model, or a possible replacement, since it's broken I can't test it.

Anyway here's the marking

K 129
D1146
Y

Uhhh... I know... kinda screwy...

Also it's centered, so it's not KDY or anything like that.

And the circuit is about a year old, so it's not outdated, and would at least show up on a graveyard site (ones that supply discontinued semi's)

I did a search on K129........or 2SK129 and similarly on the D1146 or 2SD1146.........what packaging is the device in?

the answer is out there.........somewhere :lol:

HTH Chip

Well like I said it's on a circuit I didn't make myself, but want to rebuild since it broke.

Anyway, the casing is made of plastic probably ABS, I can't really tell, it has a small bubble on the left side of the flat side of the transistor. Dunno if that was in the original packaging or from the heat it gives off, since it has no heat sink, and since it's not stable, it may be from the heat.

Which is why I want to find out what it does and if there's a suitable replacement that can take the heat this circuit generates.

By the way, the circuit is a pen stun gun (very compact)

Well, I couldn't find a datasheet but I did find some references made to the part. It appears to be an N-channel MOSFET. That's ALL I was able to find though.

Aiight, thanks man, at least that'll narrow the search.

Probably hit the library and see if I can find any books about parts.

2SD1146 = 2SD1384R = C2500C TRANS = C3203 TRANS = C3267 TRANS =2SC3204 (NPN Si High Current Switching/Power Amp)

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back