Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ok, whos gonna hold back free energy now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkim100

Banned
It used to be that the "Auto Giants" withheld any free energy engines/cars. Now that they are practically out of business, who is going to keep all of the free energy devices under wraps, and out of the hands of the average users now??? Im fairly certain that I saw a line up of big muscular guys in dark suits and glasses in the unemployment line...so I think were finally all free to invent something that uses "Free Energy" ithout the big three automakers butting in.

On tv here (and probibly other places as well) there is a program called "Dragons Den" that has 5 millionaires putting up cash for ideas that sound good. They throw buckets of cash to people with really simple ideas that may make money...so why doesnt a free energy inventor drag a working machine down to them. Im fairly certain that they could walk away with literally hundreds of thousands in cash.
The other night they gave a way a few hundred thousand to a 10 year old kid with a spicy soup recipe that his parents wanted to market... so they would probibly offer all their life savings to someone with a water powered vehicle.

I miss the good old days when somebody would begin a mile long thread starting with...why cant I have a generator at the bottom of a hill powering lights AND a generator that will pump water back up the hill...and it will generate free power forever?. Hell, it seems soooo easy, and I cant think of 1 single reason why it wouldnt work.
Thats usually enough of a thread to keep people busy, off the streets and outta trouble, for a couple of months.

Last edited:
Since "free energy" defies physics, why do you think its "under wraps"?

"why cant I have a generator at the bottom of a hill powering lights AND a generator that will pump water back up the hill...and it will generate free power forever?. "

Wha..... you serious?, or are you takin the piss ;-). You dont get more out than you put in, no brainer.

The ONE big flaw with these so called "free energy machines", is called friction, and there is no way to totally overcome that.

with that idea, You would need too have water RUNNING to start the generator in the first place, One its generating power, its gotta run a pump, and a pump that can get any amount of water up a hill is gonna need a few hundred amps, or even kW. The pump draws power, and WASTES some of it as heat and sound, not all the power goes towards moving water. Once you get the water up the hill, its gotta find its way down again, and back to the generator, by which time the generator would have stopped running due to the time it took the pump to get water up the hill.

Simple point: Sure, you can hook a generator up to a pump, but the pump is gonna draw MORE power than your generator is gonna give you. = Fail, and a waste of money.

Wind or solar power is true free energy, heck, even a dynamo is free energy, you cant get more energy out that you put in, nothing is 100% efficient. Anyone with some kind of brains would know that.

Last edited:
Can anyone identify a source of renewable energy that is not the sun or planetary movement?

Some may say the moon as it's not a planet but they would be wrong. The moon is removing energy from the earth.

Eventually, the sun and planets will no longer supply the energy required for humans to exist. Fortunately, this is a very long time away and hopefully we will have colonised other star systems by then.

In the intervening years we have to use the energy we have. We are currently using energy that has accumulated over millennia and will soon run out. Our population is increasing at an accelerating rate. This is a path that has only one destination.

Countries talk of halving carbon emissions by 2050 but are quite happy that the human population will double by then. Is there only me that sees a flaw in that thinking.

The amazing thing in all of this is China. China is criticized for the vast amounts of pollution it produces and yet it is the only country in the world that is actively trying to reduce it's population. Here in Australia the government is handing out bonuses to anyone that has a baby!!

If global warming is real then the only answer is less people.

Mike.

Since "free energy" defies physics, why do you think its "under wraps"?

"why cant I have a generator at the bottom of a hill powering lights AND a generator that will pump water back up the hill...and it will generate free power forever?. "

Wha..... you serious?, or are you takin the piss ;-). You dont get more out than you put in, no brainer.

Do you always quote thing out of context or is English not your first language?

Mike.

Mike

Ok, this appears to be a bad start on my part, sorry if I caused offence. The "Free energy" debate is a soap box of mine, I get overexcited, appologies.

Fred

Global warming is real, happens all the time (every year :) ), but in current terms it's a natural occurrence, and some people are just looking to cash in on the panic and paranoia they are generating. Come on, 2-3 degrees over the next hundred years or so, on the average... I'm sure we'll adapt to it. I'm sure there is absolutely nothing we can do to alter the course. And I'm sure there will be a cooling cycle (oh no, another Ice Age scare).

We do need to clean up the planet, and make more efficient use of our resources. And there is some potential for nearly "free energy", but where's the profit in that? So far, this is the only planet we have, and we should be show a little more consideration. No telling how long it'll take to find a new fresh one to screw up...

Personally think all those auto maker/big oil cover-up/conspiracies are a load of crap. It would cost them more, then they would stand to lose. Not to mention they would lose it all, just getting caught one time in the act. Mostly, the over unity crowd need to blame their failures on somebody eventually, and it really boosts the sales of the plans/videos when the stories hit the media...

Last edited:
I'm also amazed at the countless amounts of time & dollars thrown down the drain in the quest for overunity. Worse yet is blaming the failure on Conspiracies and the like.
If those overunity people built solar arrays & wind turbines they'd be ahead of the game, but instead they watch snake oil salesmen on U-toobe and praise Stan Meyers and Bendini.

I saw a bit on TV the other day that is interesting. There is a type of pond scum (algae) that will produce 50% oil if starved for light. The algae doubles in mass every 24 hours (or maybe 48).

They grew the stuff in clear plastic tubes flattened and heat sealed about every 10 inches to from growing envelopes. The tubes hung from racks.

However they are still looking for an method to extract the oil that does not take more energy then contained in the oil.

It seems to me that the extraction process would be a good goal for backyard energy types. At least we know the energy is there to start with. :)

Ok, whos gonna hold back free energy now?
Same as always: Nobody.

It used to be that the "Auto Giants" withheld any free energy engines/cars. Now that they are practically out of business, who is going to keep all of the free energy devices under wraps, and out of the hands of the average users now??? Im fairly certain that I saw a line up of big muscular guys in dark suits and glasses in the unemployment line...so I think were finally all free to invent something that uses "Free Energy" ithout the big three automakers butting in.
Right, but like I and many other outspoken people have been saying for years, the automakers are not suppressing free energy. Never were, never would.

The reason why all the “free energy” “inventions” you see never make it to the mainstream is because they don’t work.

On tv here (and probibly other places as well) there is a program called "Dragons Den" that has 5 millionaires putting up cash for ideas that sound good. They throw buckets of cash to people with really simple ideas that may make money...so why doesnt a free energy inventor drag a working machine down to them. Im fairly certain that they could walk away with literally hundreds of thousands in cash.
The other night they gave a way a few hundred thousand to a 10 year old kid with a spicy soup recipe that his parents wanted to market... so they would probibly offer all their life savings to someone with a water powered vehicle.
Never gonna happen. They would want to be sure that something actually works before making that kind of investment. “Water powered cars” don’t.

I miss the good old days when somebody would begin a mile long thread starting with...why cant I have a generator at the bottom of a hill powering lights AND a generator that will pump water back up the hill...and it will generate free power forever?. Hell, it seems soooo easy, and I cant think of 1 single reason why it wouldnt work.
Thats usually enough of a thread to keep people busy, off the streets and outta trouble, for a couple of months.
Those “good old days” are still here. The only ones disrupting things are people like you, indulging in silly conspiracy theories.

Considering this is a meeting place of quite a few intelligent minds there seem to be an awful lot of people ready to gush text without fully reading or understanding the original post.
This thread was clearly started with toungue in cheek. I don't think bigkim really saw a line of MIB at the jobcentre, and he wasn't really proposing a gravity harvester. It was a joke.:D

Can anyone identify a source of renewable energy that is not the sun or planetary movement?

Geothermal if you don't count the movement in the past to create this energy

Here in Australia the government is handing out bonuses to anyone that has a baby!!

Not the only country that does this
It's only to keep the pension sceme running and securing the futere tax colection

If global warming is real then the only answer is less people.

I totaly agree with this but it's a human right to have kids;)

and the proces of making them is simply to hard to resist for 98% of the people:D

Robert-Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back