Ohmmeter and ammeter

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXAxHillbillyXx

I am looking for a stand alone ohmmeter and a stand alone ammeter (preferably in kit form) that do not have to be programmed by me.. they are for a project in my electronics class and i have googled the crap out of it and cant seem to find them.. i have found a capacitance meter, a voltmeter, and an o-scope (all in kit form) but i have hit a wall with the ammeter and ohmmeter... thanx for any help.
-Nick

Edit: I also want them to have digital readouts like seven segment LED's or something like that

Last edited:
An Ohm meter and an amp meter (up to 500mA) are available from the Chinese Junk Shops for $3.00 each. They have 3 digit LCD display and come with a 9v battery.

Last edited:
Usually the industry integrates everything we call a Digital Multimeter (DMM). All important parameters can be measured using it.

Standalone applications are usually DIY, but you can try the chinese ones mentioned before.

Last edited:
One caution. Most of the LCD panel meters cannot measure the same voltage that powers them. The more expensive ones have an internal transformer-coupled switching power supply which does permit reading the same voltage that powers it.

If you buy a +-200mV LCD panel meter, it is simple to turn one into an Ammeter by adding a shunt resistor. Ohmmeter is a little harder, but doable, too.

An Ohm meter and an amp meter (up to 500mA) are available from the Chinese Junk Shops for $3.00 each. They have 3 digit LCD display and come with a 9v battery.
where are one of the shops.. i cant seem to find one
Usually the industry integrates everything we call a Digital Multimeter (DMM). All important parameters can be measured using it.

Standalone applications are usually DIY, but you can try the chinese ones mentioned before.
yeah, I know what a multimeter is. I am wanting a DIY one.

I did not know that you could turn a voltmeter into an ammeter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…