Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Oh my gosh! Audioguru, what's really going on in Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZZZ.. I'm feeling lost with all the cryptic writings here.. :)
Who mentioned intelligence? You lack knowledge and experience, which makes you ignorant on this topic. You said so yourself.
Again, no--you're putting words in my mouth. You are by your own admission ignorant of the topic, however--so while you of course are entitled to your opinion, it just means that your opinion on this topic is uninformed and thus not worth a lot.

Torben, you have somehow nitpicked Harvey, but what's your stand on the issue? Let's hear 'em.

A late reply to Uncle Hero: (from page 2):
Good I'm glad you didn't take offence.

Remember that people on the Internet don't know you or anything about your culture.

Yes I suppose I should've thought more before pressing the post button because I can understand how that post could offend some people.

So your society is more conservative, in the UK, most people just have sex when they feel like it, if you're over 21 and you haven't done it, people tend to think there's something wrong with you.

Well.. I know, I know. It's just that I wonder how parents feel in UK/US when they got to know that their daughter gets pinned at 19 or their son's actively screwing a number of girls at 20... doesn't it bother you guys as parents? Or worse, for the younger ETO guys.. perhaps if your sister is always giggling after coming back home with a telltale blush?

Sorry if my question is too crude.. A convergence between two worlds I suppose. I'm not trying to psychoanalyze you guys... just curious. :)

orben, you have somehow nitpicked Harvey, but what's your stand on the issue? Let's hear 'em.

Interesting use of the word "nitpicked". I do not think this word means what you think it means. :) What I did was point out that some bigoted comments were made from a position of ignorance.

My opinion is that it is nobody's business what anybody else does in their bedroom. I really don't care whether anybody is gay or straight or whatever. Except my wife. I'd hate to find out she's lesbian, because let's be honest: I can compete with another guy, but with another woman? I'm not even equipped for the job. Bi could be fun except then I'd run the risk of pissing off two women at once.

I have no problem seeing couples (staight or gay) kissing or being affectionate in public. If they have their heads down each other's throat though, I don't really want to have that in my face (either sexuality). I mean, jeez, get a room.

Maybe I've just been around gays a lot and most of the time wouldn't even know if I didn't already know. It's just not something that's relevant to my relationship with them. It even feels weird for me to be calling gays "them" as if they are some other species or something.

I really can't figure out why some people are bothered by it. I just don't see the point in caring.

Torben

Half a century, and no test for homosexuals, would kind lead to believe it's purely a lifestyle choice.

Wait, what? By this measure, Crohn's Disease is a lifestyle choice. So is mad cow disease (do cows make lifestyle choices?). And so on. I'm not equating homosexuality with disease here; I'm pointing out that not being testable in no way implies that something is a conscious choice.

And it's not even true. There are measurable differences in brain structure: Symmetry Of Homosexual Brain Resembles That Of Opposite Sex, Swedish Study Finds. While some studies have left open the question of whether the structural differences cause homosexuality or are caused by it, the final sentence of the study abstract is telling.

Here's another article examining the debate, noting that the brunt of the argument for a "learned " homosexuality is not born of hard science: Homosexuality: Nature or Nurture in AllPsych Journal. Note that this article was written 5 years before the study results cited above were published.

Marriage is about forming a family and bearing children.

What? So same-sex couples are now doing something wrong if they don't have children?

Torben

I cannot agree with homosapiens..:)

They should get good medical treatment. Their marriage is meaningless, and this license is against the nature rules. Conversion therapy seems good.

Few Indian performing artists visited US last year. One day two guys went for an evening walk over the city. They were holding their hands together while walking and is the way how two friends walk along Indian cities. They've seen lots of american beauties looking and giving a nice smile at them. They wondered and thought 'maybe they're seeing the real handsome guys now only'.

Later the program director told them that in America, if two guys walks like that the meaning is negative. I believe lots are there(???)

Just my two paisas..:p

I cannot agree with homosapiens..:)

They should get good medical treatment. Their marriage is meaningless, and this license is against the nature rules. Conversion therapy seems good.

Few Indian performing artists visited US last year. One day two guys went for an evening walk over the city. They were holding their hands together while walking and is the way how two friends walk along Indian cities. They've seen lots of american beauties looking and giving a nice smile at them. They wondered and thought 'maybe they're seeing the real handsome guys now only'.

Later the program director told them that in America, if two guys walks like that the meaning is negative. I believe lots are there(???)

Just my two paisas..:p

hi bc495,
I think you have mistyped.?

Human - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Interesting use of the word "nitpicked". I do not think this word means what you think it means. :) What I did was point out that some bigoted comments were made from a position of ignorance.

Okay, I might have 'euphemized' it.. I'd say you "pointed out"... yeah. :D
My society's weakness is that we hate confrontation or try to point out people, and for that a lot of feelings will be bottled. When it gets to a certain extent, all hell breaks loose. That's why "amok" is originally a Malay word, inherent to Malays in M'sia.

:D

Well.. I know, I know. It's just that I wonder how parents feel in UK/US when they got to know that their daughter gets pinned at 19 or their son's actively screwing a number of girls at 20... doesn't it bother you guys as parents? Or worse, for the younger ETO guys.. perhaps if your sister is always giggling after coming back home with a telltale blush?
There's a difference between going through 100 partners a year and having a couple of long term intimate relationships by the age of 21.

I don't approve of sleeping around lots because it spreads diseases but I find the idea that you should have to wait until you have a certain piece of paper awarded formalising the relationship old fashioned.

Besides the risk of diseases can be minimised with adequate protection.
You did type homosapiens, which covers all humans.!

I guess you meant homosexual's.?

I thought he was joking. :D

His from India which is very conservative and his first language is probably not English so I can understand him getting words confused.

This is another reason why it's important to fill your location in. I accept that people's attitudes often reflect the society they live, in so if someone from India or Saudi Arabia makes a post about how they disagree with homosexuality I'd go easier on them, than if they were from Holland or Canada.

Last edited:
Wait, what? By this measure, Crohn's Disease is a lifestyle choice. So is mad cow disease (do cows make lifestyle choices?). And so on. I'm not equating homosexuality with disease here; I'm pointing out that not being testable in no way implies that something is a conscious choice.

And it's not even true. There are measurable differences in brain structure: Symmetry Of Homosexual Brain Resembles That Of Opposite Sex, Swedish Study Finds. While some studies have left open the question of whether the structural differences cause homosexuality or are caused by it, the final sentence of the study abstract is telling.

Here's another article examining the debate, noting that the brunt of the argument for a "learned " homosexuality is not born of hard science: Homosexuality: Nature or Nurture in AllPsych Journal. Note that this article was written 5 years before the study results cited above were published.

What? So same-sex couples are now doing something wrong if they don't have children?

Torben

Who claimed it was a disease? How about some other disorders. Pyromaniacs (fire bugs), most have a long history, starting when they are just old enough to strike a match. Serial killers, seems many had a morbid interesting torturing and killing bugs and small animals as children. Child molesters claim they were born that way as well, and from the news reports, doesn't seem to be a cure for that either, get out of prison, and back at it almost immediately. Of course none of these examples are good for anybody, and nobody is going to accept or welcome them as friends and neighbors. For whatever reason people do these things, it isn't right, and there is a choice. Accepting something because it isn't hurting anybody else, still doesn't make it right.

Wasn't Mad Cow caused by a virus, and a test developed? Crohn's Disease, something to do with the rectum, gay-disease? Doesn't really pertain to the topic, why bring it up?

Nothing wrong with same-sex couples, what they do in private, is their PRIVATE business, it doesn't give you the right to make it my business. Marriage is pointless, for them, except a piece of paper, and a victory over society. If they know it's so right, why is it so important for everyone to accept it? Seems to me they need to be reassured by society that it's okay to make that choice.

We don't get everything we want out of society, we have to play by the rules. Sometimes we bend the rules a little, to better suit, but we know the risks. Those that out-right break the rules are punished.

I thought he was joking. :D

His from India which is very conservative and his first language is probably not English so I can understand him getting words confused.
Don't misunderstand me, it was just a terminological joke :), we used to have here, however I was a bit curious about how you people will react to that, that is happened..I exactly meant homosexual people..err sorry for that :)

I was very good at Biology upto 12th standard, so I've a basic understanding of human evolutionary process and related terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back