Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Oh my gosh! Audioguru, what's really going on in Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see a connection from gays to incest or doing anamial. I don't see it as a life style choice either.

I don't see a connection from gays to incest or doing anamial. I don't see it as a life style choice either.

I think he is trying to make the point that with today's attitude that anyone is free to do as they please it can be taken to extremes, statements are made based on what is considered acceptable, if you remove that perimeter of acceptability any statement giving even a small freedom can suddenly become a free license for the extreme

I think he is trying to make the point that with today's attitude that anyone is free to do as they please it can be taken to extremes, statements are made based on what is considered acceptable, if you remove that perimeter of acceptability any statement giving even a small freedom can suddenly become a free license for the extreme

I got the point. But I don't agree with the "free license" for extreem argument. It also implies a lifestyle choice, which I also disagree with.

There was a case in the UK (I beleive it was the UK) where a "normal" couple decided that the man should bear the child, so through artificial methods they made the man pregnant. Well it may be a medical break through, it may be cool to be able to do but I would not want to see it done as a "normal" thing, in fact I would start to reconsider calling this "normal" couple a "normal" couple. .
What they made a man pregnant?

It sounds like someone's having you on!

What a load of rubbish.

That sounds like some film I've seen but I can't remember the name, maybe someone here knows?

Harvey,

Being homosexual is not a lifestyle choice, many psychologists have developed varies therapies to help people change their sexual orientation yet none have proven widely successful.
Conversion therapy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The whole idea of providing therapies to those who want to change their sexual orientation is controversial. The generally accepted policy is to build a tolerant society so people don't feel the need to change.

What a load of rubbish.

That sounds like some film I've seen but I can't remember the name, maybe someone here knows?

Harvey,

Being homosexual is not a lifestyle choice, many psychologists have developed varies therapies to help people change their sexual orientation yet none have proven widely successful.

The whole idea of providing therapies to those who want to change their sexual orientation is controversial. The generally accepted policy is to build a tolerant society so people don't feel the need to change.

was in the papers - sure I bet it was a one off experiment (about 2 years ago) but I would not like to see it as something you can ask the NHS for

What a load of rubbish.

Harvey,

Psychology is largely based on theory. No therapy has 100% success rate, most aren't even considered 'cured', they continue to have the problems, but learned ways to cope with them. Some are medicated, if they take the pills, they function basically normally. Stopping the treatment, and most revert back to how they were.

If homosexuality is physiological (born that way), there should have been a test for it decades ago. Same argument goes, as your therapy, nothing but a guess. Could be the same type of disorder as addictions, the person needs to be exposed to it, to trigger it. There are a lot of people, who break their filthy little habits, but most do not.

Really never understood the appeal. I would think it to be kind of painful, and one time would be the end of it for most people. No desire to give it a try and see for myself, the brown hole holds no interest to me, regardless of gender, a little unclean.

Psychology is largely based on theory. No therapy has 100% success rate, most aren't even considered 'cured', they continue to have the problems, but learned ways to cope with them. Some are medicated, if they take the pills, they function basically normally. Stopping the treatment, and most revert back to how they were.

But if we agree that homosexuality isn't harmful to society, then there's no point in "curing it" (I know many gay people would find that offensive, I don't view it to be an illness) .

If homosexuality is physiological (born that way), there should have been a test for it decades ago. Same argument goes, as your therapy, nothing but a guess. Could be the same type of disorder as addictions, the person needs to be exposed to it, to trigger it. There are a lot of people, who break their filthy little habits, but most do not.
It's probably as much nature as nurture.

It could be genetic as most identical twins have the same sexual orientation, although there are exceptions which indicates that it isn't purely genetic.

Really never understood the appeal. I would think it to be kind of painful, and one time would be the end of it for most people. No desire to give it a try and see for myself, the brown hole holds no interest to me, regardless of gender, a little unclean.
You do know that more straight people do that than homosexuals and that not all gay men do that? There are other things they do.

But if we agree that homosexuality isn't harmful to society, then there's no point in "curing it" (I know many gay people would find that offensive, I don't view it to be an illness) .

It's not harmful, if kept private, much like any other sexual practice. It just shouldn't be out for public display, for which it infringes on the rights of other people.

You do know that more straight people do that than homosexuals and that not all gay men do that? There are other things they do.

I really don't know much about gays, or gay couples. It's not something you see a lot of in small towns. Growing up, sodomy was still a crime, and not discussed openly. Have also heard there are straight people who use ropes, chains, handcuffs, whips, paddles, clamps, candles, some other strange, and unappealing things. Guess I must be pretty boring in bed.

It's not harmful, if kept private, much like any other sexual practice. It just shouldn't be out for public display, for which it infringes on the rights of other people.
Should it's all right for straight people to kiss or hold hands in public but not for gay people?

That's discrimination!

To be honest with you, I don't like seeing two men kissing but I wouldn't like seeing a fat and ugly old heterosexual couple kissing either.

Should it's all right for straight people to kiss or hold hands in public but not for gay people?

That's discrimination!

To be honest with you, I don't like seeing two men kissing but I wouldn't like seeing a fat and ugly old heterosexual couple kissing either.

I don't think it's appropriate for anyone to get hot and heavy in public, show some self control.

Funny about the fat and ugly. We have a strange, older married couple at work, and my work area is right next to the time clock (no escape). When they first got hired, they were on slightly different start times, she came in about 2 hours later, which we get breaks every two hours. So, he would be there at the time clock waiting for his wife, and greet her with a 'movie' style kiss, including groping, and occasional fondling. Very grotesque, and probably would have got old quick, with a younger couple putting on a similar show. This was daily, like clockwork, with only slight variation for over two years. Did my best to avoid the show, but usually was stuck there to witness. The very worst part, was that it robbed me of my usually favorite part of the day, when all the hot girls clocked in, and paraded past my my work area...

I really don't know much about gays, or gay couples. It's not something you see a lot of in small towns.

Funny how people will feel free to comment so openly on the topic while admitting to not knowing what they're talking about.

Torben

Funny how people will feel free to comment so openly on the topic while admitting to not knowing what they're talking about.

Torben

So, are you saying that I lack intelligence, because I've never had a homosexual experience, or been curious enough to seek out any first hand experience? I do read, watch the news, and though never validated, have been around a few people, whom I suspect. Also, I live here in Central Florida, which is where you'll find Disney World (seems to be a magnet) and the annual event, called Gay-Days. Rarely do the theme parks, even if it's completely free of charge, and have never had the misfortune of attending the event, but it's in the TV news and papers, not to mention the folks at work sometimes get caught there with the kids, since the event isn't official Disney, and no date is given in advance. Doesn't sound too appealing, and don't want it to be common place.

But basically, you don't believe I'm entitle to have thoughts or opinions on this topic, because I'm not attracted to men? Least I'm open and honest about my knowledge and experience. I've never claimed to be an expert on anything. Practical experience is always the best experience...

So, are you saying that I lack intelligence, because I've never had a homosexual experience, or been curious enough to seek out any first hand experience?

Who mentioned intelligence? You lack knowledge and experience, which makes you ignorant on this topic. You said so yourself.

I do read, watch the news, and though never validated, have been around a few people, whom I suspect. Also, I live here in Central Florida, which is where you'll find Disney World (seems to be a magnet) and the annual event, called Gay-Days. Rarely do the theme parks, even if it's completely free of charge, and have never had the misfortune of attending the event, but it's in the TV news and papers, not to mention the folks at work sometimes get caught there with the kids, since the event isn't official Disney, and no date is given in advance. Doesn't sound too appealing, and don't want it to be common place.

But basically, you don't believe I'm entitle to have thoughts or opinions on this topic, because I'm not attracted to men? Least I'm open and honest about my knowledge and experience. I've never claimed to be an expert on anything. Practical experience is always the best experience...

Again, no--you're putting words in my mouth. You are by your own admission ignorant of the topic, however--so while you of course are entitled to your opinion, it just means that your opinion on this topic is uninformed and thus not worth a lot.

Torben

I guess there are a few "fruits" in Canada. They don't bother me and I don't bother them.

I guess there are a few "fruits" in Canada. They don't bother me and I don't bother them.

Well the Canadians are supposed to be the biggest producer of Lemons it's just shame there isnt any lemon trees there.....................

I have to agree. Most of our imported fruits are from the USA.

Last edited:
I have to agree. Most of our imported fruits are from the USA.

I dont mind the "fruits" but its the "nuts' we have that irritate me so. :mad:

They just seem to get into everything assuming that they willl make things better even when no one wants them to be there. :eek: :(

Last edited:
Some nuts are like seeds. It's hard p-u-n the quote; to determine which is which?

There, then is the problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back