Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Oh mother of #%#!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the love of god don't use newskin on an open wound like that! It makes the pain from the original injury seem like a plesant memory =) Though you might want to use it after you've left the butterflys on for while and the wounds pretty well closed up and dried a bit.

I would "assume" he would hold it closed, put on new skin (see instructions), let it dry (blow on it, not in instructions) and then butterfly it.

I have gotten new skin in a cut before, and you are 100% right. It burned really bad.. It was not open, I put it on and thought it cured and let it go.

I have never used superglue, but I have to imagine it burns too.

Why not try hot glue? Just kidding... I have an obsession with hot glue... That stuff is SOOO universal! I love it.... It pains me to say this, but i think i like it more than duct tape! :D

Duct tape can save your life in a pinch. The wait time on hot glue makes it problematic =)
Though the makers of the "Cold Heat" soldering tool I think now actually make an instant use hot glue gun.

Oh, don't get wrong... i LOVE duct tape, as well as the red green show... :D

Nigel Goodwin said:
Then read my records, she says "you've not had a tetanus jab recently", so drop your trousers!. So I'm stood there, trousers round my ankles, right hand held up like a bunch of bananas - and she rams this needle in to my right thigh -
What the heck kind of medicine are they practicing over there across the big pond? A tetanus injection here is given in the lower shoulder and it's barely noticable afterwards.

HiTech said:
What the heck kind of medicine are they practicing over there across the big pond? A tetanus injection here is given in the lower shoulder and it's barely noticable afterwards.

I remember getting it in the thigh when I was little. The last one I got was in the arm. I think you can get it in either location.

I'd be worried about the kind of nurse that wants you to drop your drawers for an injection that can be given in the arm instead. There could be a hidden agenda there!;)

My last one was in the arm, but i bruised up a bit... :s

This may be kinda off topic, but what happen to all of the smileys? Didn't there used to be a :cool: smiley?

Mabey he had to go to make room for the symbols? :eek:hm: :mu: :delta: :ltoet: :gtoet: Just a guess.

That is what i was thinking. Oh well, i will just steel some from another forum, DaniWeb (www.daniweb.com) has got some neat ones...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back