Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Off topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squintz

This is a way off topic question but i figured i asked some people online just incase you guys have ever done such a thing.

I want to turn a powder into a Slowly disolvable Tablet. Much like a toilet bowl cleaner that you drop in the back of the tank. Can you guys help me to find a solution for this. I want to be able to use easily available products such as stuff i can get from my kitchen.

Why do i want this? Because i want to make my own toilet bowl cleaner and i now have it in a powder form and want to make it into a solid so i can drop it into the back of the tank

Instead of trying to make a tablet, how about putting it into a plastic container that has tiny holes in it. You probably need at least one hole in the top and the bottom to prevent air being trapped, and you will have to experiment to get the right diffusion rate.

Other Method

You could try to use a dissovable envelop for your inner substance, much like aspirin or medical tablets.... They contain the required stuff inside, and when in aqueous environment, the protective shield dissolves, allowing the inner substance to spread out. Now for the outer material, you could use a bit of "cellulose" :shock: . You said something about just in your kitchen's stuff :?: ?? So "cellulose" could be turn on to "gelatine", found in meat product.. Yes, this sounds ugly :mrgreen: , but when the outer container is made, put it in the fridge for hardening... And you get a fully operational dissolving tablet 8) :D ...
Note, you could just do the thing Ron H told ya... More Easy :wink: ...

My solution: Moth Balls

Found in the laundry isle of the grocery store it can be grounded mixed with another powder and cooled back to a solid at room temperature. To reach its melting point you only need 80.5 Degrees Celsius and it must not be direct heat because moth balls are flamable and do smell horrible especially when burnt.

Thanx for the input and i hope you guys can benefit from this information. PM me if you need more details as i have been researching this stuff for about 2 days now.

I like the idea of dissolvable tabled though! you need something that you can drop and forget (i.e., not have to pull anything back out of there :) )

A thought that came to mind is to bind your powder with starch.. mix up some starch and mix it with your powder to form your tablets and then bake the whole thing.. I'm pretty sure the result will be water soluble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back