Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

oem remote control codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdb

I am building a voice-activated remote control for my TV (RCA), VCR (GE), DVD (SONY), and stereo (SONY). The problem is that I don't know the IR codes for each button and for all the different manufacturers (and I don't mean the codes that you set on a universal remote, but the actual 32-, 64-, or 128-bit codes that get sent to the device for each button). Also, some of them have different modulation frequencies. Does anyone know where to find a univerasal remote control IC that supports different manufacturer's and devices?

The alternative is to build a dectector circuit and record all of the codes; but, this seems a bit mundane for a hobby project!

If anyone has any ideas, I would be glad to hear them.

thanks.

grabbing remote codes

Check out the Linux IR project, and if you're not a linux person
there's a similar OSS project for windows . In either case you have to build an ir reciever module (total <10 bucks worth of radioshack parts). Once you have the reciever built and the software installed you can grab
the IR codes via the software. There's also a semi-commercial product
for windows that has a 30day trial period in which time you could have your codes (can't find the site right now).

Linux IrDA @ http://irda.sourceforge.net/

WinLIRC @ http://winlirc.sourceforge.net/

hope this helps,
dM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back