Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

OA101 OP-AMPS for beginners- 324 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Sorensen

Grrrr- I want to replace a 1458 in a circuit with a 324. Now, I'm no newb though analog is not my specialty, but I can't see what I am doing wrong with this simple circuit. I have checked the 324 specs and I don't see I am violating anything, and this circuit works with the 1458. Anytime I load the output of a simple follower I get this distortion. The bigger the load, the bigger the distortion.

(
Here's a link to a sketch

**broken link removed**

But, how can I attach a sketch?
)

TIA,
j.

John, I found this in the datasheet on p.8:

"For ac applications, where the load is capacitively coupled to
the output of the amplifier, a resistor should be used, from
the output of the amplifier to ground to increase the class A
bias current and prevent crossover distortion."

Yo might want to read all the application hints. It is not clear whether or not this note was directed to single supply operation. See the schematics on pp 14-15. Using dual supplies, you will probably need to connect the resistor to -12v instead of ground.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back