Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

nVidia 9pin ViVo adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exo

Hi,

I've got a geforce 5900Fx over here (std reference design), but i dont have the vivo adaptor cable for it (9 pin mini din one side - svhs & composite video in/out on the other)

Does any1 know a supplier where i can get such a cable and delivers to europe?
I found a cable from BFG on an US site (chumbo.com) but they dont ship to europe :(

PS: Ati cables are diffirent, so those arent any good to me...

I would try a small local computer builder/store. Many of the small independant shops that sell parts and build PC's have these sorts of things laying around. If you ask nice, and they may be able to help you out. I got a CNR riser card for a motherboard from one of the local shops. The card I got was OEM, ( as all of the riser cards are ) and darn near impossible to get. Often when a customer gets a PC built to spec, some of the parts are not used, or are substituted for better pieces.

tried 5 with no luck
there seem to more vivo cards in this world then adaptors for them...

This is what i need
**broken link removed**
but they dont deliver outside USA, and i dont find any other , non US store who has this item :( ...

what a business plan, excluding 6000000000 potential buyers :lol:

I suppose you could make one, but that is crazy since you would think it would be easier to buy one. :(

Here is a link you may have seen, it shows the pin-out ( if it is correct ?)

**broken link removed**

My French is not very good, but from what I can figure, lots of people are having this same problem.

PS, on a side-note, Sony US has STILL :twisted: not released the PSP ver 2 firmware. Something must be up, it is taking forever.......

Yes, i also found that link, it think its my only option to make it myself (if i can find a 9-pin mini din! :? )

Maybe they found a security hole in the japanese 2.0 ? :twisted:

I think something has gone seriously wrong with the update, either like you said, a security breach, an incompatibility with existing software or UMD's or a legal issue. Maybe Hollywood is forcing a copy protection issue ? :D

Maybe the delay has something to do with the EU release wich is coming soon...I dunno.

I got the japanese V2.0 on my US PSP and it runs fine, and has all languages in it (including english and dutch). So it can't be that much work to get the US version ready (whatever it is they change)...

I do hope it's a security leak in JP 2.0 and I hope they find it soon...
AVC MP4 video's, increased volume, the browser AND homebrew ... That would be nice 8)

Just to let you know zevon:

Some1 seems to have found a way to downgrade a 1.5X to 1.50.
He's releasing the method on september 1st.

If you haven't upgraded already, and you're interested in homebrew (emulators and such). Then i advise you to wait...

If this guy's telling the truth you might be able to downgrade to 1.50 soon and run homebrew...

Thanks for the heads-up!

Sony released 2.0 here on Aug 24, and it is getting mixed reviews on some forums. Not sure how much is 'net rumour or bad info or what.
Of course Sony is not saying much.

A solid downgrade path is something I think Sony should also support. I always dread a one-way firmware update, having had numerous bad experiences with routers, motherboards, etc.

So you installed 2.0 afterall :D

You like the browser? i think it's pretty good.
You probably also noticed that little increase in volume ... not much, but it's better then before 8)

Ah, I figured why not, can't miss out on the new features 8)

Yes, the browser is pretty neat. Don't get me started on how hard it was to get the WPA to work. Man, what a hassle. Too many issues like the wireless going into battery saver, random DNS issues, timeouts getting connected, PSK's not registering, blah, blah blah.

Seems to work pretty good now, but if you don't know anything about setting up a reasonably secure wireless connection, you're asking for frustration :D

Thankfully my wireless router is very configurable.

Now all we need is a serviceable keyboard and were golden! Typing can be a bit of a pain. Oh yes, and a zoom feature would be very nice, or atleast a way to get 640 wide to fit the screen, or have the cursor scroll the page. OK now I'm just getting greedy, LOL.

a wireless keyboard is beeing worked on, it'll come soon.
You can scroll the screen by pressing the 'square' and then using the apad.

Flash would be nice, maybe in future releases.
Don't know if you use your psp to watch movies on but in V2.0 you can playback MP4 AVC encoded movies. There's a second map in the movies folder now where you can put AVC files.

Slices file size in 2 for the same quality ! 8)

btw - Some guy is working on a PSone emulator for PSP, called PSPSone ...
(you need a 1.50 for this ofcourse)
Maybe Final Fantasy 7 on PSP soon - to good to be true :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back