Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where can one buy ADAPTERS for this Plug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calculus

Friends,

I will greatly appreciate if you could give your valuable opinion on where to buy the adaptor of this plug (it is rated at 110V, 2 Amps). I have attached a photo..

What kind of plug is this?

Thank you kindly

Calculus

Attachments

• 103_3128_plug copy.jpg
    103_3128_plug copy.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 235
It looks like a high amperage plug. The one blade is turned 90 degrees to prevent from being plugged into a normal, 15A socket. You need to have a 20A socked available. Are you sure it's rated @2A? I'd say it's rated @20A.

Last edited:
NEMA 5–20 (North American 20 A/125 V grounded)
This is a 20-amp receptacle; type 5-20A has a T-slot for the neutral blade which allows either 15-ampere parallel-blade plugs or 20-ampere plugs to be used.

these plugs are used for high-amperage items, and the blade is horizontal to keep you from plugging into a low amperage receiptacle.

Try talking to one of the Electricians at Home Depot

Attachments

• 220px-Electrical_outlet_with_label.jpg
    220px-Electrical_outlet_with_label.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
You can't just wire the 20A recepticle in place of a 15A one. You have to have a 20A circuit.

Check Home Depot for what? You need a 20 amp circuit in your building.
BrownOut is right, if your circuit is rated at 15 amps and you put a 20 amp outlet on it you risk either tripping the breaker or a fire. Changing the outlet to 20 amps does not automatically make it a 20 amp circuit.
If you are lucky it may have a 20 amp circuit with 15 amp outlets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back