Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

NTC Thermistors

Status
Not open for further replies.

clive2016

Hi Guys

Can any one out there point me in the right direction, I want to test a NTC thermistor which I've taken off my washing machine.
I'm just using a multimeter and without putting the thermistor in hot water I can see the resistance drop just by holding it my hand and then see it increase when I place it on my desk.

I understand the resistance should be at a certain value at a given temperature, where can I find these values from?
The thermistor in question has EPCOS k276/12k/A24 and the number 5101006 stamped on it and its come out of a Hotpoint WMA60N machine.

Thanks to anyone who can help me

Hi Mick

Thank you for the links you sent me, but I still need some help.

To be honest not being into electronics I don’t know what I’m reading, so can you or someone interpret what I’m looking at.

I have uploaded part of the two links I’ve been given.

The thermistor I’ve taken out of my washing machine has EPCOS k276/12k/A24 5101006 stamped on it.

I can see from page 2, TDK that mine is a RAST 5 connector, but when reading table TEMPERATURE MEASUREMENT there are two columns, 2003 and 2901.

My first question is which of these two columns should I be reading for the thermistor I have?

Next question: Obviously the first column is the temperature the thermistor is at, are the columns Rt/R25 the resistance which corresponds to the temperature column, if so which one should I be looking at 2003 or 2901?

Next question: In laymen’s terms what is the K column?

As you can see I’m not into electronics at all, but I would like to test the thermistor I have just to see if it’s working as it should and at the same time learn a little, they say you’re never too old to learn.

My thanks to Mick or anyone for taking the time to answer my questions.

Clive

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-19_14-13-34.png
    upload_2018-8-19_14-13-34.png
    219.2 KB · Views: 154
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back