NTC Thermistors

Status
Not open for further replies.

clive2016

Hi Guys

Can any one out there point me in the right direction, I want to test a NTC thermistor which I've taken off my washing machine.
I'm just using a multimeter and without putting the thermistor in hot water I can see the resistance drop just by holding it my hand and then see it increase when I place it on my desk.

I understand the resistance should be at a certain value at a given temperature, where can I find these values from?
The thermistor in question has EPCOS k276/12k/A24 and the number 5101006 stamped on it and its come out of a Hotpoint WMA60N machine.

Thanks to anyone who can help me

Hi Mick

Thank you for the links you sent me, but I still need some help.

To be honest not being into electronics I don’t know what I’m reading, so can you or someone interpret what I’m looking at.

I have uploaded part of the two links I’ve been given.

The thermistor I’ve taken out of my washing machine has EPCOS k276/12k/A24 5101006 stamped on it.

I can see from page 2, TDK that mine is a RAST 5 connector, but when reading table TEMPERATURE MEASUREMENT there are two columns, 2003 and 2901.

My first question is which of these two columns should I be reading for the thermistor I have?

Next question: Obviously the first column is the temperature the thermistor is at, are the columns Rt/R25 the resistance which corresponds to the temperature column, if so which one should I be looking at 2003 or 2901?

Next question: In laymen’s terms what is the K column?

As you can see I’m not into electronics at all, but I would like to test the thermistor I have just to see if it’s working as it should and at the same time learn a little, they say you’re never too old to learn.

My thanks to Mick or anyone for taking the time to answer my questions.

Clive

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-19_14-13-34.png
    219.2 KB · Views: 161
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…