Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Now this sounds like a really fun project! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could use one of those if travelling to Alaska.

The only good mosquito is one that has been touched by a laser...haha:D. Now one poster was berated pretty good recently about wanting to torch something with a laser. It seems that its all a matter of context

Could use one of those if travelling to Alaska.
Alaska! You don't have to go that far. I know lots of places in B.C. where those evil bugs will almost pick you up and pack you away. Fishing at Skunk Lake we got off the water (where the bugs don't bother you) and the clouds of mosquitoes forced us to run hard for the campsite (to hide). Halfway we couldn't run anymore. Just fell down in the mud, panting and sucking mosquitoes into our lungs. Then up and running again. Horrible! :D

The Chilcotin area (Hotnarko Lake, for instance) has mosquitoes and horseflies together. A few horseflies are brave enough to attack you out on the lake. Mean little bastids. They bite chunks of skin off. Lost my glasses in that lake because of those bugs.

From the article, only the female sucks the blood from it's victim. Pretty advanced life form I'd say. ;)

Sounds like my starter wife.

Lefty

The Chilcotin area (Hotnarko Lake, for instance) has mosquitoes and horseflies together. A few horseflies are brave enough to attack you out on the lake. Mean little bastids. They bite chunks of skin off. Lost my glasses in that lake because of those bugs.
HaHa...know the feelin. Actually been bit by a horsefly in B.C., but where else? Horsefly lake of course! Cruel little critters for sure.

Put one of those 'squito lasers on a cap or hat, and you would make a fortune. Up there you would need a car battery to keep 'er going tho, because it would be working overtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back