Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Now Firefox warning on startup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeMl

Most Helpful Member
First time I rebooted my computer for a few weeks, Firefox produces a "multiprocess" warning on first access to ETO that links to this:

**broken link removed**
Something to do with the recent "upgrade"?

Better is the enemy of Good!

"2. To force enable electrolysis..."

WOW, I am seriously missing things!!

My FireFox, at last upgrade, crashes anytime there is a video running. (Win-XP) I found that turning off "all add-ons" solved the problem.
I have the same problem on Raspberry PI. I have not tried the fix there.

Firefox is my go-to browser, but Firefox is going through a hiatus at the moment to embody multi threading. So, for the present I use Chrome.

Chrome has always had multi threading (as far as I know) and has always been superior in terms of raw surfing. Chrome also access sites that Firefox cannot. But I do not like the user interface on Chrome, especially the way favorites/bookmarks are handled.

By the way, Chrome will not directly import favorites from Firefox, although the import function lists Firefox. Instead, you need to save your Firefox user data (mainly favorites/bookmarks) as an XML (I think) file and that will import to Chrome.

So what I do at the moment is keep all bookmarks (there are many) in Firefox as the base reference but import them to Chrome if necessary.

spec

My FireFox, at last upgrade, crashes anytime there is a video running. (Win-XP) I found that turning off "all add-ons" solved the problem. I have the same problem on Raspberry PI. I have not tried the fix there.

As of the last upgrade Firefox doesn't crash, but Flash does. Reported to Mozilla. They said , report to Adobe. I say, Adobe isn't interested. I'll be glad when Flash is officially declared dead. It's never worked under Linux.

Flash has continually been a problem for me anyway.

spec

There is just so much Flash content without alternatives. Mozilla just integrated it into the browser, but it's been crashing for years. Adobe only wants to support certain platforms and "supposedly" Flash is on it's way out. The way I see it, it will be the same as "DOS is dead, long live DOS". Replace DOS with Flash. I'd have to have to pay for it.

All of the Networks use some type of Flash Player to watch the shows at a later time and my Samsung Smart TV doesn;t support __ ___ ___ ___ __. Fill in the blank. The time-shifted TV would also have commercials or interactive commercials.

The next trick I'm going to try is to stream the screen to the TV,with the TV running an IPTV app. I can check on another tuner that I was successful in streaming a video file from my laptop HD to the TV. I hope streaming the screen works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back