Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Novice needing some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iang

Hi All,
I am at a loose end, I have an automatic satellite dish that has stopped functioning correctly. I dabble with Arduino from time to time so not an expert on electronics by any means. No one is willing to try and repair as they say it is uneconable even though its my money!

I have traced the board with what knowledge i have, i cant see anything untoward to speak like a blown track that has happened before on this pcb.
The only thing i have came across is that negative and positive poles of the Rf connector on both sides. When i test the legs of the, what i believe to be negative and positive there is continuity between them, I am on the understanding that they should be separate where by 12v is put through the lines via the inner copper core and the external sheathing.

Could someone clarify if i am correct in what I am saying so I can investigate further. Many thanks Ian

Attachments

• Webp.net-compress-image.jpg
    Webp.net-compress-image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 106
  • Webp.net-compress-image.jpg
    Webp.net-compress-image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 108
Some of those solder joints look funky. I'd start with those.

Hi gophert,,

Thanks for the reply!. as in Arduino I use breadboards. I have ordered a desoldering kit as i was going to desolder the legs of the RF sockets and test when separated from the PCB to narrow them out.

Could you point out what joints you mean?

Many thanks, Ian

Hi gophert,,

Thanks for the reply!. as in Arduino I use breadboards. I have ordered a desoldering kit as i was going to desolder the legs of the RF sockets and test when separated from the PCB to narrow them out.

Could you point out what joints you mean?

Many thanks, Ian
There are not a lot of solder joints to pick from and you have a better view than I do. Sometimes the camera catches reflected light weird and sometimes the solder joint is weird. I would not desolder anything. I would just hit them all with a bit of rosin core leaded tin solder and then test if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back