Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

November 5 quiet here

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvtech

Most Helpful Member
Guy Fawkes etc...........

I have not heard a single cracker go off.....the whole day.....and now its night here.......

Could it just possibly be because food is more tempting than a box of things that go BANG
Cause boxes that go bang don't feed hungry families......

First year I can remember this ever. And i've been here 11 years.

Witnessed all.

The desperation on some of the customers faces here is priceless. They don't understand whats happened.
Were in a situation now where the lies are catching up.

And I tried to warn customers years ago. They would not listen..............
Now they back, shaking their heads, no money.......................

These folks were always impressed by their own people...black African Politicians talking crap......
Now, they sad. Cause they have realized they have been fooled............by their own kind.

I cant help fools anymore. Cause its cost me my health and my life.
They won.
Again.

tvtech signing out.

A last thing.

John Panhalt made me grrrrrrrrrr
He is not here.
Where I am.

So he cant question who the "they are" i referred to years ago.
I live in the thick of things. Here.

That.chirp.of his .was.irresponsible.
Years ago.

Only people that DRIVE cars can actually talk about their characteristics...
Not those that hear about cars...........

Same as people that "hear about" certain folks...........
But don't know them...........

Guy Fawkes etc...........
Well, as he was the chap who wanted to blow up (ie assassinate) the whole British government, it is hardly surprising that the indigenous peoples of your country would not be all that interested in celebrating his capture and demise.

Cheer up TV old chap, the UK could be in the same sort of mess in a few years time.
BREXIT could be a disaster. I only hope that I am wrong.

JimB

Only one perfect place that I've ever heard of.

But the entrance fee is (to be) stiff...

Actually, he is member here? jpanhalt
Vowed that he wouldn't return to ETO.... I still talk to him over at AAC...

BTW!! They miss you over there! You aren't banned you know!

Well, as he was the chap who wanted to blow up (ie assassinate) the whole British government, it is hardly surprising that the indigenous peoples of your country would not be all that interested in celebrating his capture and demise.

I thought we were celebrating that he tried to blow them up (and unfortunately failed), not celebrating his capture and execution? :D

I thought we were celebrating that he tried to blow them up (and unfortunately failed), not celebrating his capture and execution? :D
Yes indeed, one of those confusing things in life.
One is never quite sure which way to interpret things. :confused:

JimB

I don't suppose the firework makers/vendors care which of the two alternatives we celebrate :).

You guys still the bestest Forum on the NET.

Im sorry if I loose it now and again......its just.....well you know. Sometimes things here where I am get me so fed up I wanna explode. Literally.

ETO has always been my safe place to relieve that pressure.
If were not for the kindness and understanding of the folks here that know me well, like Nigel, Jim, Matt, Bob and a few others........I reckon I would not have lasted as long as I have in my situation here.

I gave up everything to help "who are the them you refer to" people here with their tv's.
Gave it all up and tried to speak sense into them...
Slaved away saving their sets from certain destruction from unqualified chancers that mess everything up they try to fix.

Anyway, Im still here. Too late to go somewhere better.

Im stuck here until I cant function anymore.

That's life I guess.

Now im gonna lighten up and find some funny stuff to post on OT.

:)

What? This thread says otherwise.
Notice that I'm so toxic over there that even threads about me get locked by the mods.

Notice that I'm so toxic over there that even threads about me get locked by the mods.
Missed that one..... OOOH you naughty little gopher you!

Why would expect to?, as it's a purely UK event - I can hear fireworks at this very moment, and have been doing so for the last couple of weeks.
Thought I heard some firecrackers going off but it was only gun shots.

Ron

You're like famous. A legend! Gopher, if you catch this I hope you and yours had a really nice Thanksgiving Holiday.

Ron

Thanks for the good wishes.

My kids came home with their wonderful "significant others", we ate a perfectly cooked turkey with all the usual accompaniments and finished with a great pumpkin pie. The evening included pleasant and interesting conversation with no arguments. I even slept well with an overly full stomach. It was more than a nice day, it was a perfect day - but that's how us legends roll!

I hope you and your family had a good day as well.

Yep, what I would call a perfect day. Yes, we really had a nice day. Slowly getting into the holiday mode. Not that is a difficult transition when retired.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back