• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Not sure what I need

Not open for further replies.
I have just had another hair brained scheme to add something different to my car, and as such would like to get some advice on how I can acheive it.

Essentially I need to be able to switch a 4mm vacuum feed on and off from the cabin.

So I'm thinking I would need some sort of electronically controlled valve? However, I have no idea where to look for such a thing, and even if its the right name.

Any advice would be great!



Super Moderator
You could use a 12 volt solenoid and switch it on and off. I have a panel mount toggle switch that is a pneumatic valve, I would have to check the brand.

Either one would work.
Thanks. I'll have a google about for that sort of thing and see if I can find a well priced solution. Figure it shouldn't be that hard to wire up.


Well-Known Member
Most Helpful Member
Look under the hood of any car built after about 1990. There are several electric-actuated solenoid vacuum valves in my 1996 Toyota Paseo. Around here, you could get one at a "Pick and Pull" car junk yard for $1.
Yeah I thought about that after doing a few google searches.

I've got a Toyota MR2 and most of the stock actuators etc have been removed, including the stock boost bleeding system - which I think would be perfect for this job :)
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

EE World Online Articles