Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Normally open and Normally closed loop question

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlicRic

I am building a Light, Sound and Touch activated switch. The actual kit instructions are a little misleading about the NO NC contacts, so please correct me if im wrong, when the relay is in it on position the NC contact form a closed loop, while the NO contacts form an opened loop. When the relay is in its off position, circuits attached to the NC and NO contacts are (respectivley) NC: Open loop, NO: Closed loop. Could you please tell me if there is something that I have mssed, or is this all in order?
Thanks, SlicRic.

NB: NC= Normally Closed
NO= Normally Open

You have it exactly backwards. NC = means NORMALLY closed. So when there is no power to the relay it's closed. NO means NORMALLY open, so when there is no power applied it's open.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back