Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Noob question. Charger compatibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lost the power connector of my Microsoft Surface Pro 6 charger (see attached pic for missing part). Specs of the charger:
  • Input: AC 100-240V (Worldwide use) Output: 15V 2.58A 44W. USB Port: 5V 1A USB 2.0.
  • Microsoft Model:1800
I found a similar power cord (from my Epson L121 printer) that can fit this adapter. See attached pic.

Will there be a problem if I temporarily use that power cord for my Microsoft Surface Pro 6 adapter?

Thank you!

Attachments

• charger.png
    charger.png
    126.3 KB · Views: 214
  • Connector.png
    Connector.png
    438.8 KB · Views: 212
A different AC cable to the original charger is fine, they are interchangeable as long as the AC connector types match.

It looks like you need a cable with a non polarised C7 connector (aka a "figure of eight" style).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back