Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

NOOB Audio question about sharp clicking with a switch/button

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsorce

What i would like to do is, interupt the audio signal going into the delay unit, unforutately its producing a sharp click at the point of contact. Im wondering what i need to do/add in order to kill this click.

Video Demo of me using the button

ArcadeButton.png

Try putting a moderate value resistor (10k?) directly across the input connections on the board.
It may also help to have one across the jack socket.

That will give a DC path to ground so any coupling caps have a stable bias and are not adding a voltage across your switch.

If the above doesnt work try a 10k in the jack plug itself.
Sounds like there is a dc potential on the jack, and plugging it in charges up the input cap causing the click.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back