Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Nokia Headphone Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

v1.5

Hi i have a nokia 6610 phone which is very old one and i want to repaire and uprade it for some reasons.

The problem is about the headphone of it. Its hard to find official headphone so i have though that i may can change it with modern headphones by soldering directly to the circuit board .
On the link page you can see pop-port pinout of nokia ;

The table says that each headphone parts (right-left-mic) has its own positive/negative terminals. But on the modern headphones just have positive terminals of them and common ground. I have thought to solder a modern headphone to the exact pinout of the nokia's positive terminals except shorting all negative terminals of right-left-mic parts of each others and connect them to gnd. But im not sure if it will work or not .

What do you think ?

So speaker is not working and you want to solder headphones directly to speaker input pins?

So speaker is not working and you want to solder headphones directly to speaker input pins?
actually speaker working but i want to make phone calls using headphone for more comfortable usage. Like modern headphone attached phones.

actually speaker working but i want to make phone calls using headphone for more comfortable usage. Like modern headphone attached phones.
So yours phone doesnt have 3,5mm jack and you want substitute that? What about reduction?
HF_048_l.jpg

I would go for reduction. Soldering headphones to board could be hard
So if i can handle this will that work ? What do you think ?
Thanks

So if i can handle this will that work ? What do you think ?
Thanks
It should work. Reduction does same thing. But do not short anything. Just try GND and one of the channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back