NiMH battery charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMikey83

I know this has been discussed and I did a search, but I couldn't find much to suit my batteries...they were either wrong voltage or wrong mA/h rating.

OK, I have 20 1.2 volt NiMH Panasonic batteries to use for a robot project. They are 1600mAh size AA. I plan on using all 20 in a 24 volt battery pack. I would like to build the charger into the robot and just use an external adapter to charge them. I have several adapters ranging in output voltage from 6 to 14V but can go buy a 24v adapter if i need to.

So, i need a charger for a 20 battery, 24volt pack, with batteries rated at 1600mAh. Thanks!
~Mike

Great! Hopefully I can order a sample. The datasheet does say its for 1 to 16 cells. I'm using 20 in series. Is 16 just the 'recommended' or will it not work with 20?
~Mike

Edit...I found info on maxims site that tells how to charge up to 22 cells with it.

Thanks!

good for you! actually i didnt search for a 20-25 cell charger IC for you. im going to build a NiMH charger with the MAX713 so i thought that it would help you. you could have splitted the cells into two 10 cell packs and then charged them one by one. anyway you have found a better alternative.

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…