Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

NiMH battery charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMikey83

I know this has been discussed and I did a search, but I couldn't find much to suit my batteries...they were either wrong voltage or wrong mA/h rating.

OK, I have 20 1.2 volt NiMH Panasonic batteries to use for a robot project. They are 1600mAh size AA. I plan on using all 20 in a 24 volt battery pack. I would like to build the charger into the robot and just use an external adapter to charge them. I have several adapters ranging in output voltage from 6 to 14V but can go buy a 24v adapter if i need to.

So, i need a charger for a 20 battery, 24volt pack, with batteries rated at 1600mAh. Thanks!
~Mike

Great! Hopefully I can order a sample. The datasheet does say its for 1 to 16 cells. I'm using 20 in series. Is 16 just the 'recommended' or will it not work with 20?
~Mike

Edit...I found info on maxims site that tells how to charge up to 22 cells with it.

Thanks!

MrMikey83 said:
Great! Hopefully I can order a sample. The datasheet does say its for 1 to 16 cells. I'm using 20 in series. Is 16 just the 'recommended' or will it not work with 20?
~Mike

Edit...I found info on maxims site that tells how to charge up to 22 cells with it.

Thanks!

good for you! actually i didnt search for a 20-25 cell charger IC for you. im going to build a NiMH charger with the MAX713 so i thought that it would help you. you could have splitted the cells into two 10 cell packs and then charged them one by one. anyway you have found a better alternative.

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back