Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Newby needs advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

james1001

I have an idea for a potential product that will require a wireless remote control to activate a small motor. The motor will need to operate in X axis, stop mode, and Y axis. The controller will need to be as small as possible and be distance activated as follows; when the controller gets within approximately 5 feet of the motor, the motor should activate in the x axis and stop when it reaches maximum travel, then reactivate in the y axis when the controller gets more that approximately 5 feet from the motor. Is that possible? If so, could someone get me started with the description of what type controller I need. I need to make a prototype do some testing so I will need a source for the controller I need. Any help/suggestions/advice would be appreciated.

If a moderator feels that this post needs to be in a different forum, please feel free to move. Like the title indicates, I am not very educated in electronics.

If a moderator feels that this post needs to be in a different forum, please feel free to move. Like the title indicates, I am not very educated in electronics.
Depends..... Are you going to use a 8051/2 controller??

Depends..... Are you going to use a 8051/2 controller??
I guess I placed this thread in the 8051 section by mistake. It probably needs to be in the generic microcontrollers section. I am asking what type controller would best be used for my application.

Hello James,

I have moved this thread to the generic Microcontrollers forum :)

Good luck!
Matt

I guess I placed this thread in the 8051 section by mistake. It probably needs to be in the generic microcontrollers section. I am asking what type controller would best be used for my application.
No problem!!

Short answer is any!! The 8051 would need to implement drivers of some sort.. The pic micro controller has motor driver logic built in ( some models )... What you are looking to do is some primitive PID motor control...

You can buy a motor control board from any robotics web site, then almost any micro will be able to give full control!

https://proto-pic.co.uk/categories/robotics/motor-controllers.html

Depending on the size / current of the motor there will be a board to suit!.. I use the pololu 24v, 12amp Mosfet driver around £30... The control is straight PWM and logic direction....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back