Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

newbie question

Status
Not open for further replies.
it all depends what type circuit you are using.
but here is the general way

f= 1/(2*pi*R*C)

so by slecting the gorrect resistor and capacitor you can have what ever frequency you want.

I have a question about the units for the given equation above. I assume R is in Ohms and C is in MicroFarad? Please set me straight.

Thanks

formulas for frequency.

In actually you need a bunch of formulas depending on the electrical circuit. is it a RC circuit an LC circuit or an RLC circuit?

frequency

jem said:
Still don't see how you can actually lower the frequency of an electrical signal. :?
:D hi,

my i ask if you are of knowledge about the basics of signal frequencies thru resistors, capacitors and coils? :cry:

Hi:

I believe I do, somewhat. At least, I should - graduate degree in EE, and 17 yrs. post-graduate experience.

Still, I maintain my position. Could you tell me how, for example, you could lower the frequency of a 60Hz sinusoidal signal (0% distortion) using RLC circuits (OK, no mixers, please!)

Jem

jem said:
Hi:
Still, I maintain my position. Could you tell me how, for example, you could lower the frequency of a 60Hz sinusoidal signal (0% distortion) using RLC circuits (OK, no mixers, please!)

You don't :lol:

But the original question was very vague, it didn't give any idea what was actually wanted - the original respondent assumed that it was an oscillator, and suggested how to set it's frequency. The thread starter never responded at all, so we still don't know what it's all about.

hi, sorry for the long delay, I had some computer troubles :?
I actually wanted to make a subwoofer for my computer speakers and as i read it, subs use low frequency sound outputs.

fogus said:
hi, sorry for the long delay, I had some computer troubles :?
I actually wanted to make a subwoofer for my computer speakers and as i read it, subs use low frequency sound outputs.

Right!!.....your question had nothing to do with that!.

For a sub-woofer, you mix the left and right channels together, and feed them through a low-pass filter, then a power amplifier, and finally a speaker designed to reproduce the very low frequencies.

Have a look here for some details **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back