Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

newbie question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I know........... but if you put the wrong polarity on the PIC chances are that it's a goner.....you can check if the lines change according to your program...... or just make a blink program where you know there are no errors.

Good Luck

Ivancho

yes, but only if you have a DMM with a thermo couple. Connect the PIC, then put the thermal couple on the PIC and if the temp raises to some un goddly amount when you power then PIC then it's bad. or use you finger for the thermo couple

You could tell if a PIC is bad if it gets extremly hot, but if it doesn't get hot you can not assume that it is good!!!. :wink:

I have inserted PIC in the opposite way, the PIC got so hot is almost melted the socket, 10 minute later I just realign the PIC in the right way and power it up again.
Surprisingly is vas working.
I think if you cant get the clock running, then is dead for sure.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back