Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Newbie Needs Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Lone_wolf-

Hey everybody, I am new to this site, new to electrical projects, just about new to everything like this. But, I wanna get beter. I have been looking at all these cool little things like resistors, buzzers, all the good stuff whenever I go to radio shack, and I keep thinking I wanna make somethin with all that stuff. So, I have been looking around to get help and found the site. Anyways, on to what I need help on. Do any of you guys have some good diagrams of fun projects? Any thing at all, from easy to hard. I just want some ideas!!! Thanxs for all your help!!!

Remeber, any ideas!!

EDIT: I have a great idea: A safe way to light a firework fuse from a safe distance, like 10ft away. It would light the fuse with a shock, or some sort of flame. It would have to be operated from 5-10ft away which means a "firing" button attached to the actual shocker by a wire. Now, I need your help on what to buy/how to make this. Thanxs for all your help!!

Remember, I am still taking other ideas as well!!!

Do you at least know how to read circuit schematics?

You can't build anything good from the parts from radio shack.

:roll:

Yesm I can read circuit schematics. Also, read my idea that I edited in to my first part. Where should I get the prats from then?

It is really complicated, but basically it is a A semiconductor device used in amplifiers, oscillators, and control circuits. It is also sorta a on and off switch. They use them A LOT on CPUs. Millions olf them are on one CPU.
EDIT: LOL, I forgot one thing, they can amplify electric signals. LOL!! SO basically, it is used ot eathier amplfy electric signals or allow or disallow electric flow.

But what about my idea? Could it be done? If so, how, and what would I need to do it? It would have to be in a very strong, flame resistant case to protect it form the fireworks as well. SO, how would it all be done?

That is pretty easy to do but it depends on what type of stuff you going to use.

Bottle rockets, Fire crackers, whistlers it all depends.

Basically just something general to light a fuse is all I need. Just something to light a fuse. What parts do I need? I also need a schematic of something that would work.

Well I cant make a schematic because I don't have time but all you need is a capacitor, push button, battery maybe 12vdc would be nice and some wire.

Don't need a resistor or anything else just need that.

It would be best if you put a flamable liquid on the tip of the fuse to get a better contact.

Well that would require 110vac so I don't think that it would be the way you want to go.

Plus making that circuit I told you would be extremly easy, no need to look for it.

If I have time I will make the schematic for you, but I can't say that I can for a fact because I have alot of things to do this weekend.

since I am new to this, what is VAC?

EDIT: LOL!! Now I see. Never mind. I didn't know it was two different words. so it requires 110V AC. That would be great if you could make a schematic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back