Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Newbie - help me identify part, please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

henrig23

Good Morning, I am fixing my bike light and looking for some guidance / knowledge of what this switch is called. (please see the images below) It's the aluminium coloured one in the middle. I've seen it acts like a popper switch, with a rubber switch operating it. It's suffered damage and needs replacing but have no clue what to search for to find one!

Any help would be appreciated.

Seasons greetings!
Henri

20191220_133843.jpg
20191220_133913.jpg

It is called a "dome switch" or "metal dome switch" or "tactile dome switch". It is a little piece of stamped and hardened steel gives it a quick spring click when enough force is applied.

In the Uk tactile switch is what I'd call that.
Search through some old e waste ypu might be able to find something, they are common.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back