Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New to programming, trying to accomplish the following

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once i did use UART signals over cheap RF modules and it worked no problem as long as the baud rate was kept low enough. The modules ware rated for 2400bps only anyway. UART worked at that speed but about every 50th character was corrupt but using a lower speed it worked no problem. But i cant be positive if it works like that for IR too since i havent tryed that.

But how can you trust something you already know has problems?, by doing it properly you overcome those limitations.

As I understand it, RS-232 comms (serial communications) needs tight timing, controlled by a clock signal, to work right. Going over an IR or RF link, there is no common clock signal and this messes up the timing. Therefore, other encoding schemes are used instead.

Is this because the MCU itself doesn't have a reliable enough internal clock for such a timing sensitive situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back