New to all this and need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisslaney

I am trying to make an LED box that i can use to test a fibre optic cable. I have made one very sucessfully using a kit from Maplins but that has only two LEDs. I am not trying to make one that will do more but need some help with the design as i am not an electornics person but i am very keen to learn.

Can anybody help me with some advice please?

...I have made one very sucessfully using a kit from Maplins but that has only two LEDs. I am not trying to make one that will do more but need some help with the design...
So, what is it you want to do? First, maybe a link to the kit you built? Then, what do you want the new one to do that the kit doesn't?

Details!...details!...details!

Ken

Light Tester

Hi Ken,

I have built the 'Dual white LED Strobe' Kit from Maplins, Code MK147. (**broken link removed**) and this works fine. What i have done is use a superbright LED in a fibre bulkhead so i can test one twinzip fibre at a time. What i would like to do is build a larger version using 8 or 12 LED's so i can test 4or 6 fibres at the same time. I have seen some LED chaser kits that i might be able to modify to make this work but i would like to have a go at building this from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…