Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New record for blocked popups/ads!

rjenkinsgb

Most Helpful Member
Hi,
it's not uncommon to see sometimes ten or more blocked items on this site, but this is getting insane!

THIRTY popups / ads on a single page, while logged in.

New_record.jpg

I just got this,
add.png

And, as I'm trying to post this I get,
add.png

Are the owners trying to push posters away? Seems that way to me.

Mike.

I use Chrome with these Extensions. Touch wood, BUT I get very, very little adds popping up.

1653621709478.png

I now use Brave but was inadvertantly in Chrome this morning. Brave has ad blocking as default and is what Chrome (Chromium) was until Google stole it.

Mike.

Hi everyone. I've been away for quite a while, mainly because the barrage of pop-up ads drove me away. Is it my imagination, or have a lot of others also disappeared. I don't see anywhere near the activity on this forum that I used to. I'm not really surprised.

Doesn't appear that the site owners care.

Hi everyone. I've been away for quite a while, mainly because the barrage of pop-up ads drove me away. Is it my imagination, or have a lot of others also disappeared. I don't see anywhere near the activity on this forum that I used to. I'm not really surprised.

Doesn't appear that the site owners care.
I think your observations are spot on. The popup ads are most annoying, and the quality of the content has deteriorated. I don't know what the site owners are thinking since they have not seen fit to address the problem or articulate their views.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back