Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New project for my racing sim pedals, need help designing the schematic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kacee

Hello,

I'm trying to make myself a set of pedals for my racing sim cockpit, just like this one CST Pedals.

Mechanical parts I have been working with my friend who own a workshop, he is very helpful.

Onto the electrical parts, I'm stuck :D

OK, not really so, I was going to order Leo Bodnar board (Load Cell Interface BU0836-LC - USB) but I think I can make it myself.

I need a board that need to fulfill these requirements:

- 3 channels ADC
- USD interface with Windows as a HID game controller devices.

Peripherals are:

- 2 potentiometers OR 2 hall sensors
- 1 load cell

So after looking around, I decided to use this microcontroller PIC18F14K50. The load cell need an amplifier to interface with that MCU so I will use an Analog Device AD623 InAmp.

I don't know how to use a hall sensor so I don't know what do I need at the moment.

Also, I bought an ICD2 LE kit with DM300027 board for $60 (I think it's a deal here in Vietnam) so I would like to have ICSP connector on the board without header.

Sorry for the long and confusing post, my English isn't very good. I want to ask you:

- Can I use those parts (PIC18F14K50 and AD623)?
- What do I need to use hall sensors instead of pots?
- I read on Microchip site that PIC18F14K50 can't be use with ICD2 without a header, so can I use PIC18F2550 when I'm developing the firmware and switch to PIC18F14K50 in final board?
- Anything I'm missing, please tell me.

Any help with be very useful, as I'm very new to all of this.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back