Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevefivey

Hi Folks,
I replaced the PSU on my Samsung 50" Plasma TV but it is slightly different in that the Connector point on the board is further over and the lead wont reach. I think the code is a CN809? It is a 600v 12pin connector cable which connects to another board which then connects to the x and y sus boards. Does anyone know where I can source longer cable? Or is there any way in which I can extend the existing one?

Regards
Steve F

Check to see if the boards have the same pinout, and just solder the connections with some wire.:rolleyes:

Soldering the connections directly is perhaps not the best solution =) Extending the existing connector wires by cutting each wire one at a time and soldering on a length of wire, make all the wires the same length and use heat shrink tubing (not electrical tape) to cover the solder connections, for the wire you use to make the extension simply use the same or higher gauge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back