Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New power MosFet at NXP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boncuk

Hi,

NXP has brought about another n-channel MosFet transisor. The device name is PSMN1R2-25YL.

Here are some data:

UDS=25V, RDSON (100deg/C at VGS 10V and ID 15A)=1.6mΩ. Max current 100A, max peak current at tp≤ 10µs 815A, total power dissipation 121W.

As usual there is also a new package for each new device. The package type is LFPAK2 (SOT1023).

For those who want to use it with Eagle the library is attached as zip-file.

Boncuk

Attachments

• LFPAK2.jpg
    LFPAK2.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 149
  • LFPAK2.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Interesting. For size perspective it's like SO-8 with a full heat tab underneath extended to replace the top row.

It's a logic level MOSFET, and current handling is almost as good at 4.5V as at 10V. That's good news. Is a P-channel in the works? (Yes I'm greedy.)

Any idea on pricing yet? Web site doesn't say. I don't see them at Digikey yet.

Hi mneary,

I checked out NXP for pricing. The PSMN1R2-25YL is US$ .80 at 1,000 pieces there.

Depending on the shops they shouldn't be more than US2.00 per piece.

Boncuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back