Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

new member - project request

Status
Not open for further replies.

muckster

Hi all,
im new to this forum with some basic electronic and soldering experience. Im after a project to build using a dc supply which will detect sound (tannoy alert) and operate a vibrating alert possibly using a small pager/mobile phone vibrating motor.
Cheers -Muckster

Hi Brevor and thanks for replying to my first post. I'll explain my dillema and then you will get a clear picture of what im attempting to construct. I work at a firestation where we are alerted to callouts by an audible alarm coming out of speakers (tannoy sysrem). Also lights automatically come on. On nights on 12 hr shifts we are allowed down time to get some shut eye between callouts. The problem is if I have been fitness training I dont just go into a light resting sleep but more like a coma.

I want to construct something that will activate a couple of 3v pager type motors using a microphone to switch on the motors. The device would have to ignore background noise but switch on when the tannoy sounds- a vibrating pillow actuated by sound.

Cheers- muckster

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back