Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New international holiday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah yes, MsTechca; what a bizarre fellow. No physical laws applied to his projects.
Raybo? who was that?
I quite enjoy eplanets babble now he's back at Electronics-Lab. He's one of the PM toadies.
hi blueroomelectronics
i have been never told to any users that work in scientific place and in best electrical instrument topic you can see my small lab.
already HeRmAn ThE GeRmAn works on users for their goals **broken link removed**. now seems that HeRmAn ThE GeRmAn wants works on who are they and what are they doing **broken link removed** **broken link removed** **broken link removed**

Bugger seems i'm also too late on this :mad: , here's a thought worth pondering - if krummylink posts more than 2 useless posts in 1 day the amount of useless posts should count towards the time it is banned from the point Nigel see's them. So for 7 useless posts we could have an international weekly holiday every 8th day.:D

I wonder if this thought is worth putting to a poll.

You guys held a party without me? :mad:
That's what I get for having to spend time picking up leaves, hunting for turkey, and fixing my truck!

Welcome back, HiTech.
We didn't have a party, just a holiday away from CrummyLink.

My leaves blew away in the wind, my wife bought a frozen turkey on sale (a bargain) since Thanksgiving was a couple of weeks ago and my car is stll covered by warranty.
I am sorry that you have been having very bad luck.

The wind spins in a constant vortex around my home, depositing most of the neighboring yards leaves onto mine! Had I known that at time of purchase, I may have reconsidered! To throw salt on that wound, my yard is nothing but evergreen trees and bushes... no hardwoods!!:(

As for turkey hunting, I like wild turkey over the large hen-house raised type of burds that may barely see the light of day in their short lifespan of force-fed, special diet, crap in the same spot existence. At least my bird lived the free life, consuming from nature's provisions.

My warranty is bumper to bumper but a $27 thermostat and a $42 serpentine belt are considered as normal wear items and not covered.

Considering all of the above, it's not "very bad luck", just a bump in the road for me.

theinfamousbob said:

Walters is a great read, how many of you lost hair because of him. I think he was a babblebot and might fail the "Turing Test"

I worked with a fellow that drove me nuts, I was sure he had an idiot twin that would come back in 5 mins to ask the same question he asked me 5 minutes ago.
He always finished a response with "Are you sure? Well ok"
I started going to Defcon 4 whenever he stepped into my office.

I was out in the booneys for a drive. I saw a field with white snow. In the middle of summer and it was 30 degrees C!!
It was a field full of millions of white turkeys crammed together. If one died then it couldn't fall down. Like people in some countries?

Chickens have as much fat today as pigs used to have. Chickens can't fly today, they can hardly walk, like the people who eat them.
Lean pigs can almost fly today. Weird, isn't it?

audioguru said:

Not as weird as crummylink doing a constructive post. The day crummylink gets some brains and stops posting spam will be the day hell freezes over by the looks.

audioguru said:
Chickens have as much fat today as pigs used to have. Chickens can't fly today, they can hardly walk, like the people who eat them.
Stock yard birds don't fly because their wing muscles never develop enough from constant tight living quarters. These are the birds that end up at fast food restaurants and large eating chains. I try to avoid such places as much as I can. A diet that includes a staple of wild game meat is far better for people and I can feel the difference from it when I consume it. The trick is in the preparation of the meat to reduce or eliminate any "gamey" taste... although most of that is psychological. My sister absolutely hates venison. At my son's birthday party many years back I served up grilled venison burgers (with a small amount of beef rump roast ground in). She asked for a second burger! After that I told her and the others it was a high percentage of venison. She was on the brink of puking, but she was forced to admit it was all in her state of mind!! Shame on her.... and shame on me for such dastardly trickery!!;)

I like the gamey taste and I wouldn't think it's purely psychological, although in her case it obvioulsy was.

Peoples' taste alters when they get onlder so they might not like something as a child, then like it as an adult. Some people don't realise this, they might try something at the age of 6, not like it and never eat it again for the rest of their life, even though if they were to try it at the agre of 26 they might actually like it.

Hero999 said:
I like the gamey taste and I wouldn't think it's purely psychological, although in her case it obvioulsy was.

Peoples' taste alters when they get onlder so they might not like something as a child, then like it as an adult. Some people don't realise this, they might try something at the age of 6, not like it and never eat it again for the rest of their life, even though if they were to try it at the agre of 26 they might actually like it.

I don't know... I still don't like tomatoes, but I think that's a texture thing. As for game meat, I don't think I've ever had any, but I'd be willing to try it any day. I love me a good steak that's on the verge of being bloody...:D :D

The deer in my state are often referred to as Pennsylvania Jumping Beef.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back