Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

new in electronics need help thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are you back to square one? If you get a circuit that's small and has the functionality you want, then you're as square 2 as far as I can see. I don't know of any circuit that fits around a cable. You'll need at a minimum a small vector board and small enclosure. If you need it to wrap around a cable, then I don't have a good solution.

ok sorry what i mean is i still have no clue on what to do
and for the cable wrap if a circuit could be half a inch by 2 or 3 inch it would be great

You might be thinking of some type of production device made with surface-mount components; I've seen some amazingly small circuits, and it's probably possible to make one small enough to just shrink-wrap alongside a cable. But you're not going to achieve that with DIY components, which are quite a bit larger. But it can certainly be made small enough to go somewhere on your bike. Just not in-line with the cable as you seem to want.

(Just saw your latest post: 1/2" x 2-3" is certainly do-able.)

Last edited:
I'll try to get a schematic posted later, if you think you want to try.

Last edited:
I still say all this person needs is a simple relay (not even SPDT; SPST NC would work fine). Like they say: prove me wrong.

All they want to do is turn something off when something else is turned on. Hey, sounds like a job for a relay to me! A simple 12-volt jobby.

A small Omron relay would easily fit in the space they say they have (1/2" x 2-3") on a little piece of perfboard.

Why suggest a complicated circuit when a simple one will do just fine?

Last edited:
Because he wants light #1 to blink, and I know of no realy that blinks a light. Even it one did, it would not be a good solution. The circuit is not complicated, just a timer and a FET. Sorry no schematic yet, my time is very limited. I'll try to get one soon, but I do know that others have stuff like this already available, so please ppl, jump in here if you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back