Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New here

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokemonTrainer

Hello, I was wondering what a simple household project I can do to gain morwe knowledge and experience when it comes to electronics?

I have an obselete Super Nintendo....What could I do with that?

What genre of electronic are you interested in? Digital? Microcontrollers? RF? ...? ...? ...?

There are probably a few thousands things you could do with an old Nintendo, if you had the knowledge and experience. That takes years to develop though there is no quick route. If you just blindly put together something that someone else gives you a schematic for it won't help you to learn anything, so you need to start at a more fundamental level and work your way up. If you don't want to invest the time and effort into learning things from scratch this is not the hobby for you.

The website. contains a pretty concise introduction to electricity and electronics. Between Google and Wikipedia there is very little that you can't find out about if you look it up. It requires a vast amount of effort on your part and you'll get very little done till you absorb a large amount of information, and even less till you play around with and build your own first electrical circuits. Be safe, and never do ANYTHING that plugs into a wall till you know EXACTLY what you're doing. If you don't know what you're doing, ask questions, and read more on sites like Allabout circuits and the Internet in general till you do know what you're doing. Then ask anyways on a forum like this so people can give you tips on what not to do as many people here have been in similar situations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back