Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New configuration word generator for PIC16F877A

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would use it too. In fact I've been meaning to write a stand-alone BASIC app' for this for some time now. It takes way too long for me to look up the exact configuration I want from the include files and build the appropriate lines in my source file. If I could use radio buttons to build the config' lines and then just copy and paste them into my source file that would be wonderful.

Jake,

Could this be used as a stand-alone program if I have the Java engine on my laptop or is it just for use on a web page?

Regards, Mike

Last edited:
I dont see any reason why not....

You could try this:
What I have done is copy the page and make this one a .html
I have edited a couple of things so it can work straight from your desktop.
I think.

Try this.
1. Open this webpage. Jake's Electronics | PIC16F873A/874A/876A/877A Configuration Word Generator
2. Right click when your in the page, and click view source. Copy everything.
3. Open notepad.
4. Paste everything
5. Click save and save it whatever name you like (Configuration Word Generator PIC16F87XA), where ever you like (desktop), WITH .html as the extension.

Now you should be able to open that file and the javascript should work, without having to be on the internet.
Of course if you are not of the internet, pictures wont load, but the form generator should.

Is this sort of what you were asking??

Mike, K8LH,
If you have the knowledge to build a stand alone program, and get the java engine to work free of the net on your comp/laptop, you can use my java code to intergrate into your program to devepole a stand alone program.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back