Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Networking question

Status
Not open for further replies.
(I am using a family members network (with permission of coarse) and can get faint but usable signal at my house. So I buy a USB G++ Wireless Transceiver but it won't take the pass phrase. And my father is too lazy to dig out the key for me.

I know his pass phrase but do not know the encryption key (WEP 64) Is there a program that I can plug the pass phrase into and have it broken into a WEP?

On mine the encryption key is generated when I type the pass phrase in. But I do not know of a program that will do that.

3or24fan said:
On mine the encryption key is generated when I type the pass phrase in. But I do not know of a program that will do that.

My transceiver has a program that came with it but windblows headache hates it.

Blueroom. I made Type-O it is my father in-laws router and he has a range extender on it. I live behind him so I can get some signal. My mistake.

But yea I am needing Pass phrase to encryption.

If you reset the router you can enter a NEW pass phrase.

Not all network cards support a pass phrase, so use a 5 digit hex key instead as they all support that.

Try this link
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
blueroomelectronics said:
If you reset the router you can enter a NEW pass phrase.

Not all network cards support a pass phrase, so use a 5 digit hex key instead as they all support that.

Try this link
**broken link removed**

Tried that but my father-in-law refuses to reset it saying "I gave you the pass phrase and the encryption key if you don't remember it thats tough luck". I know his pass phrase just cant seem to remember an encryption key.

The Mad Electrician said:
Tried that but my father-in-law refuses to reset it saying "I gave you the pass phrase and the encryption key if you don't remember it thats tough luck". I know his pass phrase just cant seem to remember an encryption key.

Buy him a case of beer.

Load Linux and hack into it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back