Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

network set up software for two computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDEB

Not really electronics related but I figure the gurus that hang out here would have a suggestion.
I have two computers connected using a ethernet hub. I want to use computer #1 to edit my code in swordfish compiler then transfer to computer #2 to program my PIC (can't get Pickit2 to install on computer #2) but want a dedicated computer just for PIC programing.
Well my Windows XP for some reason does not have any info in the HELP and SUPPORT file as well as the NETWORK SETUP file. The menue comes up but nothing in the menue.
Well I figure to just download software to get the two computers to communicate with each other.
any suggestions on software?

When you say ethernet hub I assume router or switch?

You don't need any software to do file sharing between two systems running Windows XP. Try reading this link on how to set things up. Once things work I suggest you create a folder dedicated to the files you want to share. Then enable sharing file sharing for that folder just to make things easier.

This may fare better in the Computers section?

Ron

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back