Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Negative voltage circuit or device from DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

canni0

Hi all.

I was wondering if there is a way to make a variable negative voltage circuit. Im planning on building a multi output bench power supply using a PC PSU. I know they typically have a -12V output, but was wondering if there is any other form of circuit or device that can take a +5V or +12V out and convert that to anywhere between -2V and -35V. I an still learning about PSU's and work with audio components that require anywhere between -20V and -3V on their negative rail. (I'm still studying).

I can probably build something with an LM337 negative voltage regulator with a trim-pot (can regulate up to -37V as far as I know), but wouldn't know how to go about getting the voltage up to that using a -12V DC line on the PC PSU. I would like to keep everything coming from the PC PSU. Thanks!

You can apply 12v+ to this little block and it will output -3 to -15v.

To accurately dial in the voltages you want, you'll need a few pots in series (possibly a switch for each in parallel to override since you'll need a very wide dynamic range of resistances to go from -3v to -15v.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back