Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need urgent help in making robot!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shahmir

Salam to all users..em a 2nd year student of electronics my teacher has assigned me project which is to make a FIGHTING ROBOT..before this i never worked on robotics stuff that's why has no idea about this..can anyone suggests me how to start start up with this..
regards

I have searched about the fighting robot. I got the information at A Technical Guide To Building Fighting Robots
first of all you will should decide about main parts as
1. Microcontroller to be used 2.Motors (dc or stepper) as you want movement. it will be dependent on how many axis do you want. If you want arm then you will require 3-4 motors 3. Radio and anttena circuits for wireless support 4. Armour material such as axe or spinning disk to attack on opposite robot 5. And the most important is power supply, batteries. hope this will help you to plan your robot.

Last edited:
I think a good weapon would be an industrial ball end mill with TiC (titanium carbide) inserts mounted up to a motor or compressed air turban that could get it up to 10K+ rpm for atleast long enough to strike its target. The bits are around $50 for the smaller ones, and the inserts are another $20 or so, but when we use those with robots here a 1" one can cut metal so fast it sounds like a bucket of pennies being dumped on the ground, so I'm sure a 1/4" one would still kill the heck out of any other robot it touched.

Last edited:
hi friends
a wanna do a wire less remote control robot . i know how to build a wired remote control robot but i want to build wireless robot .
pleeeez help me

The fastest way is to buy a Radio Controll system, and in some cases thats the cheapest as well, depending on what your time is worth and what you need. They also have kits to remote controll a robot from a pc, via bluetooth, wifi, or regular radio controll bands. Making your own transmitter is pretty advanced, I'd only approach that if you have a good grasp of signal controllers and radio technology, and are willing to do some licencing, or at the very least checking some legal regulations.

By the way if you want to interface a hobby radio controll reciever with a PIC18 chip, I have code to do just that in my blog on this site.

Last edited:
To get more help from member around here,

Fighting robot ?
Wireless controller ?

These kind of question is so general. It doesn't show any kind of thinking or circuit building or any kind of simple google search.

In my opinion:

Break down you project to parts? Is the objective only to build the robot? IF so any robot shop has fighting robot you can be done in 1day. Is that what you want?

Or you want to build from scratch? Since you are in electrical department I assume is better to get a fighting robot from any website and Work on modifying the circuits to meet your needs. modifying a robot is much easier to work with.

Again similar question is that what you want?

There are tons of fighting robots out there. I have no idea how deep you want to go into this field.

If you are willing and interested in robotics. We can help you here but be more specific with questions....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back