Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need to talk to sites owner

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a good idea. A forum only for beginners.

Blind people showing circuits to other blind people.
Dumb people speaking to deaf people.
Everyone getting mixed-up about very simple electronic circuits.
Great idea. :wink: At least they will be outa here!

robotgangsta said:
hello im makin a forum especially for begginers because some people dont understand all these complicated curcuits do u want to link up and become like a brother site or whatever when im finished?

You know, it's pretty much a waste of time for you to ask a question like that before you have even put in the effort of MAKING the forum and getting people to use it... Because right now you have nothing to offer :roll:

And for the record, I agree with audioguru, it's probably a big waste of time. Limiting it to only beginner topics is going to mean nobody with any experience is going to want to go there, so it's going to be "the blind leading the blind" as audioguru says. If a beginner has a question, there's no reason they can't ask it on this forum... and they'll get a much more intelligent answer from people with lots of experience than they would from a bunch of other equally clueless people.

That's why when you take college courses in electronics, you have a professor teaching it to you, instead of just putting all the freshmen in a room together with a bunch of electronic components and telling them "figure it out" :lol:

If you really wish to help newbies... write a good tutorial webpage and give the link to them when they ask questions on here.

robotgangsta said:
hello im makin a forum especially for beginners because some people dont understand all these complicated curcuits do u want to link up and become like a brother site or whatever when im finished?

The first thing you need to do is get a hold of someone that can correct spelling mistakes.

After that, construct the forum so that people get an impression of what they are up against.

And I personally believe that some complicated circuits require an expert, and some others require just the original author of the circuit just to make it simple. As for the basic circuits, the explanations can be endless, because each circuit can have variations (like using a different NPN in a multivibrator).

Like evandude said, tutorials might be a better move.

robotgangsta said:
hello im makin a forum especially for begginers because some people dont understand all these complicated curcuits do u want to link up and become like a brother site or whatever when im finished?

What is wrong with this forum buddy?

[/quote]What is wrong with this forum buddy?[/quote]

yeah, what's wrong with this forum? i belong to some other forums and i have to admit that this is the best. the others have very slow slew rates ( :D ) and it takes days to get a reply. if i post anything here i expect to get a reply within 30 minutes. besides if tutorials is the aim of setting up your website, this forum also has its own tutorial sections...

Maybe he has a point of sorts?

Hey guys take it easy :)

I can possibly see why he's suggesting it, I'm a real novice and when I come here I feel like I'm pestering or asking really stupid questions (I usually am) and whilst I try to sort things out myself before I come here I just end up even more confused when I finally arrive here.

Anyway, in A forum full of blind dumb people with burnt hands I'd be king :D (Only joking)

It would need some hand holding from guru's but I think it got some merit or maybe a section to this forum titled "Help for beginners" where we would feel at ease asking stupid questions.

audioguru said:
It is a good idea. A forum only for beginners.

Blind people showing circuits to other blind people.
Dumb people speaking to deaf people.
Everyone getting mixed-up about very simple electronic circuits.
Great idea. :wink: At least they will be outa here!

LOL!! :lol:

The idea of a beginner forum seems attractive in concept but if all goes according to plan (which you strive for), it will ultimately be a forum of experts. As such, it will have lost the orginal intent. There is no easy way to characterize a beginner and have appropriate forums being used.

I think beginners can get the best help on a forum like this one with a huge database of registered users & grand exposure. The problem I woul dlike to see solved is getting people to give enough details about their problem/question so that it can be properly answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back