Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need to sense and alarm 4vdc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fairgrove

I have a RV and just installed a monitor to show the level in the waste and fresh water tanks. The monitor has a 0-5vdc output with 0 volts empty and 5 volts full. I would like a way to sense the voltage and activate a buzzer or alarm at 4 volts.

Thanks, Dan

Fairgrove said:
I have a RV and just installed a monitor to show the level in the waste and fresh water tanks. The monitor has a 0-5vdc output with 0 volts empty and 5 volts full. I would like a way to sense the voltage and activate a buzzer or alarm at 4 volts.

Thanks, Dan
hi Dan,
A simple way would be use a LM393 compartor ic.
The threshold switching level can be set by using a variable resistor.

How are you with electronic circuitry.? how much help do you need.

I am rookie that knows just enough to get in trouble

I need help with a schematic. I have done some very fundamental stuff but I don't think this is all that complicated.

Fairgrove said:
I need help with a schematic. I have done some very fundamental stuff but I don't think this is all that complicated.
hi Dan,
I'll post a diagram this weekend... unless some other member has one already drawn.:)

hi Dan,

Attached drawing for the LM393 version of the voltage level detector.
I have used the 2nd half of the LM393 as a detector for less than +1V.

Have a look and let me know if its what you looking for.

NOTE: the bleeper is a tone bleep driven from a Vdc fro 5V thru 12V, they are not very expensive.

The relay output option could be used to switch OFF a device when the tank is nearly full. A relay could be added to the 2nd part to control the tank filler.

In order to check out the circuit, I have built it on a project board, it works OK.

Last edited:
Hi Fairgrove,

Here's another one.

on1aag.

Attachments

• 4 volt indicator.PNG
    4 volt indicator.PNG
    15.2 KB · Views: 152
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips